Thursday, January 31, 2008

It's been a long month

Thank you to my blogger friends who have stuck with me even though I haven't written in so long and to those who have inquired about how my Dad is doing.
It has been a long month as nothing has gone smoothly for him. He returned to the emergency room on Jan. 3rd with pneumonia and was very ill. Since then he is now on his fourth hospitalization. He came back after having a reaction to an infusion he needed for his leukemia and then after being home a few days he came back with confusion caused to low oxygen. He came home to my house Tuesday with home oxygen and then returned on Wednesday to start his chemotherapy treatments. They started out rocky also--he had a reaction and they had to stop the treatment but once they got him the right medications to stop the reaction they were able to start the treatment again. As of right now, he is tolerating it well.
I also got an update from my agency that basically said all is well but waits are longer than they have been because of more and more families going to Kazakhstan. It is a little disappointing but I think that this wait is giving me time to concentrate on my Dad right now which is what I need to do until he gets a little more stable. My dossier is safe and sound at the MOFA so I will do what I need to do with my family and wait patiently for the call.

5 comments:

Kelly and Sne said...

Sorry to hear about your dad. I'm sure it just doubles your stress level. Perhaps there is a silver lining in the delay - so you can spend more time getting him back to health before you travel so you don't have to worry.

Matthew Ruley said...

Me too. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Its really hard to take care of parents, the whole role changing thing. You need to make sure to keep good care of you too.

Gretchen said...

So sorry to hear about your dad. We are thinking of you. My mom became very ill while we were waiting too. It's hard but luckily you can focus on him right now. Best wishes.

Aaron and Julie said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you as well. I second what Suzanne said - make sure you take care of yourself so that you can take care of your family!

The Dusty Attic said...

I have been following your blog & we are in the same stages with our adoption process. If you have a chance sometime email me @ kerryregentin@yahoo.com. I would love to ask you a couple of questions. Thanks! Kerry fellow CHI adotive parent.