Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I'm Back and Busy

I had a fabulous time on vacation.
My brother's fiancee has a great little place on the beach and she was the perfect hostess. We relaxed hard and played hard--it was great. We also spent two days in Washington DC which was my first time there and I loved it. The only bad part of the whole vacation was that my brother had to work really long hours and we did't get to see very much of him.
I had four very busy days catching up at work and then it was off to another fun adventure. I went to a "cabin" that is really a house in Northern Wisconsin with three girlfriends for a long weekend. We relaxed, played, and talked the whole weekend--it was much needed therapy for all of us. I just love my friends--they always boost me up and help me keep everything in perspective.
Work has been crazy busy lately--we have a plethora of new processes occurring in August through October so we have been scrambling getting all the details sorted out and educating staff so that we are ready to go when things occur. I am sure that when we get through all these, there will be a new list waiting for us to implement--that seems to be the way with Healthcare these days. I know many other jobs are just the same--it keeps life interesting.
This week my Dad has been back in town for more testing--just check ups this time except that we are still dealing with his lack of appetite and weight loss--he now weighs less than when he graduated from high school 54 years ago! Hopefully we can get him eating and getting some energy back--everything else looks good.
Friday I am taking off again for another weekend away--with family this time. We have our "McNab Annual Campout"--a great get together with my aunts, uncles, and cousins from the McNab side. About 50 of us usually gather and camp (in bunk houses) for the weekend.
July has been very busy and August will be more of the same--have to make the most of summer time in Minnesota. I am hoping that Sept. will my month to get the house ready for DD--I know I will be ready for a LOI by then for sure!

3 comments:

Alysa said...

Wow! Busy woman! But sounds like you are having a wonderful summer. The McNab campout sounds like a blast as well. Enjoy all your getaways. As you know, life will be a'changin' before too long, but in a very good way.

The Dusty Attic said...

Glad you had a good time....I know what you are saying abour Minnesota and taking full advantage of your summer....ditto that for us up here in Michigan!

Kelly and Sne said...

Sounds like a great time! I always enjoy DC and Northern WISC. And girls' weekends away are priceless. Now, tell the truth, were they ready to kick you out for talking non-stop about the adoption?