Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Homework--finished

First I want to say Thanks to everyone for the kind words and expresions of sympathy and caring during my Dad's illness and after his death. It means so much to me.

Last week I finished my homework that my agency had given me after my parenting classes--it is the same they give everyone. I answered so many questions about myself, my decision to adopt, my trans-cultural parenting plan and plan for parenting when the adopted child is over one year at adoption. It was quite extensive--My answers turned out to be 20 typed pages long!! I am so glad that I did it though as it makes you examine everything you can think of about adopting internationally.
I got it mailed into my agency and the very next day they called to say they received it and a social worker would be in contact with me within a week. It is really exciting to feel the process is underway again. I am praying for a speedier proces with a better outcome this time around.
My first I-171H expired in Nov. and I sent in for the extension and country change so I am waiting on that but hopefully soon it will be here also.

8 comments:

Baby Kaz Moore said...

Hi, so glad to hear the enthusiam in your post! We're cheering you on, Susan from Austin

qmiller said...

Yay Mary!! Glad to hear that you feel good about the progress that you've made--onward HO!!
Quaintance

John & Jenny Morgan said...

I'm glad that you're making progress! I hope all goes smoothly this time!

Kim said...

Great news! 20 pages, typed - wow!!

We are waiting for the I-171H also. Everything has been completed but they say TN is slowwwww. No kidding. :)

Kim

Kelly and Sne said...

Great! One more task down - one step closer. Though it sounds like you really had to become an "expert" on the topic! I still can't believe how many hoops one has to jump through to adopt when you only need a sperm, an egg and a bottle of wine to have a child the 'other' way...

Karen said...

That sounds like a lot of work but it probably was good to take the time and reflect on how you're feeling (as so much has happened to you in the last year). Here's to progress in the new year!!!!

tiglilygirl said...

I am so glad you that you are moving a long and making progress! Good luck and Happy Holidays!

lisa said...

Sounds good Mary. I wish you gods speed...of course!