Saturday, August 15, 2009

Lesson learned--double check everything

My fingerprints for USCIS expire at the end of Sept. I followed the instructions on my 1-171H and send in the request for an appointment for re-fingerprinting with a $70.00 fee. I guess I should have checked their website because the fee has changed to $80.00 and I received my letter back with instructions to send the correct payment amount. One more trip to the bank for a cashier's check and a new request is back in the mail. Hopefully this one will bring a quick appointment and this will all get done in time.

4 comments:

Baby Kaz Moore said...

Rats! If it helps, man local convenience stores, such as 7-11 also issue money orders.

qmiller said...

At least there's still plenty of time left between now and expiration!! Glad to see that you're still hanging in there! Quaintance

Aaron and Julie said...

Ugh - I am so sorry you have to deal with another bump in the road. It will get done in time :) HUGS!

Kimberly said...

UGH! the paperwork part of this journey is enough to drive one to drink! :-)