Sunday, April 8, 2012

6 years old!!









Hannah's birthday fell on Easter this year--April 8th. I had the great idea to have my family come here to celebrate with us. I only have a 2 bedroom townhome but they could all stay at a hotel--we could celebrate Hannah's birthday Sat. night at the hotel with swimming and then have Easter dinner at my house. I ran it by my family and they all jumped on board--25 people coming to my house.
I worried about how it would all turn out--would I get the house cleaning done on time, could I fit everyone in for dinner, would I have enough food--too much food, etc. Everyone got here and with help from all of them the weekend was so good-- my brothers fixed up some things in my house that needed fixing, we had a great time at the hotel Saturday--good food, fun birthday party, fun swimming, we all made it to church on time, food got done on time, we had just the right amount, good weather so we could eat in the garage and have the egg hunt outside, and we had a great time. In Hannah's words "Easter is so fun".

We celebrated two major events--
Most important--the rising of our Savior Jesus Christ.
It was just a wonderful feeling to be sitting with so much family at church and sharing our faith together. The music was amazing and just seemed to fill my soul. Hannah was catching so much of what they were saying and singing and she asked me alot of questions about it. We had a few more whispered conversations than I usually like during church but it was all to help explain the meaning to her and answer her questions so I didn't mind. She was engaged. I always feel the awesomeness of Easter on this day and I wish I could keep that awareness all the time, every day.

The other big event of the weekend was Hannah's sixth birthday. I was really surprised at how emotional this birthday was for me. For some reason it just seemed like my little girl is getting too old. I couldn't stop looking at her. It was hard to say good-night on Saturday because I knew it was her last night as a five year old. I almost cried.
In the morning I woke up next to a six year old--it just sounds so grown up. The first thing I said to her was "Happy Birthday my big girl". I got a huge smile, a "Thank you Mama" and then a big hug. All was right with the world again.

3 comments:

Irishdrums said...

Thanks for sharing all the pictures! So glad to hear it all went well, knew it would!

Kelly and Sne said...

That sounds like so much fun having so much family around for both occasions! I'm sure that Hannah enjoyed it too. She sure looks pretty in her Easter dress. I love how they are so alike and have a birthday just a day (and 3 years) apart!

Kimberly said...

What a wonderful celebration....it all goes too fast, doesn't it?