Sunday, June 28, 2009

Congratulations Dan and Kristin

On June 20th my brother married the most lovely girl in Asheville, NC. The whole family was there and we had the best time.
It has been a long time since we were all together with something so great to celebrate and we made the most of it.




There was white-water rafting on Thursday before the wedding. It was exciting and fun for all who went but not without drama. The groom was stung by a bee on his upper lip and it immediatley tripled in size until he looked like Homer Simpson. Just what he wanted for his wedding pictures in two days! Being the good big sister and nurse that I am, I helped take care of him. With benadryl, advil, and ice, we got the swelling down and it was unnoticed by his wedding day.

The Groom's Cake--John Deere Tractor made of pure sugar

Making Music

The Whole Hog

After the rehearsal they put on a southern B-B-Q hog roast with the whole hog laid out. Everyone that had travelled for the wedding was invited and we had a grand old party with lawn games and everything. Kristin surprised Dan with an awesome John Deere Tractor cake for the groom.

The Wedding Party

So Happy Together

The Sword Arch--welcoming and protecting the new Navy Famiily

Saying "I do"

The wedding itself was beautiful. My brother is in the Navy and all those guys in their Navy uniforms were just outstanding. Once again there was minor drama as the minister introduced them as husband and wife and instructed my brother to kiss his bride. They looked nervously at each other without kissing and then my brother leaned to the Minister to let him know that he had forgotten the vows. Ooops--rewind and do this again. The vows were completed, the couple reintroduced and finally the kiss. It makes a great wedding story for a day when everything else went so perfectly.

The Champagne Toast



The "Suessical" Wedding Cake

Annika with bubbles on the lawn


Our Family--I am the one in the black dress on the left hand side

"You've Lost that Loving Feeling..Oh Oh that Loving Feeling"

The Happy Bride and Groom

The reception was held up on a mountain with the most spectacular view, delicious food, great band, and free bar all night long. What a blast!! Towards the end of the evening all my siblings, my mom, and our Aunt and Uncles got together and had a special toast for my Dad. He wanted so much to be at this event and we missed his prescence. He would have loved seeing us all have so much fun.


We can't wait for the next wedding--Kevin and Dawn's in Seattle on Aug. 1st.

9 comments:

lisa said...

What a beautiful wedding! Know it was nice for you to be with the family. I can tell you have a great one!
Lisa

The Dusty Attic said...

The wedding was gorgeous...I love the cake ( very cool ) I think that it is so great when a family can get together for an event like that and just be together and have fun!

Three Northern Stars said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. Loved all the pictures.

Karen said...

Lovely wedding. The groom and groomsmen looked so handsome in their uniforms. And the bride is gorgeous. I love the "vows" story—it'll be one that will be repeated over and over again. Is the bride from Asheville? I "almost' bought a condo there—I was that close to being tempted. So where are you in the photos?

Pamela said...

Wonderful and happy news! Great wedding photos...everyone looked fab! Oh, and so did the pig from the pigroast...yum!

Nicole Brueck said...

What a lovely wedding! I loved the family picture...you look alot like your mom!
See you soon!

Kimberly said...

Looks like great fun! I love all the pix!

Aaron and Julie said...

It sounds like an awesome wedding & I am so glad that your family had fun. I know your dad was watching from above!!

The grooms cake is amazing - Aaron would have LOVED something like that!

Kim said...

Congrats to your brother! Looks like a wonderful wedding day! I love the cakes!