Thursday, October 8, 2009

My premature purchase is SO worth it!!!!!!

It finally happened--
My adoption agency called yesterday with my REFERRAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES--that is right, I now have a little girl that I will be going to meet in person.
I can't officially share any info right now so the picture, name, age, and all will have to wait.
I am walking on air but trying to act normal since I don't want to share it at work until I have more details .
It is so exciting and scary all at the same time.

Most likely it wil be a month or two before I can go meet her on my first trip which will be about a week long.
Then I will have to come home and wait for the Russian courts to process her adoption--could be 2-4 months after the first trip. Then I return for about a month before I can finally bring her home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It will probably 4-6 months before she is home.
Wish I could share more but all I can tell you is that she is so cute.....I can't wait.

Long term I am overwhelmed at the thought of being her mother and meeting all her needs but my short term fear is coming up with all the money I need--it has gotten to be so much but some how it will work out--whatever it takes it is so worth it.

It is just so surreal. I am going to be a Mom--I will have a daughter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I now refer to my diaper bag as my lucky bag.

15 comments:

Misty Clark said...

Mary, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I have tears in my eyes reading your post. I can't tell you how happy we are for you and your sweet soon-to-be daughter! We're looking forward to hearing more when you're able to share. Again, congratulations!

Alysa said...

Lucky bag indeed!! Congratulations Mary! I'm thrilled for you. Everything, including the money, will come together and you will be off to meet your daughter!

Shawna said...

Oh my gosh, Mary!!! I saw your status on FB and rushed to check your blog. I am beyond excited for you!!! FANTASTIC news! I'm here if you ever need to talk, cry, shop, drink wine...whatever! (I did it all while waiting for my Sophia to come home, so can relate to the ranges of emotion!) CONGRATULATIONS!

Shawna & Sophia

Rose said...

Mary, I am SO excited and happy for you!!! I can't wait to "meet" your little girl!

Marianne said...

Oh Mary, Congratulations!!!!!!

Lou Ann said...

Oh Mary how thrilling!! It's been a while since I checked in on your blog and I couldn't believe what I was reading!! I'm sure she's wonderful since she's your daughter and you'll be a great mom so try to put those fears to rest. It is really strange how it all just comes together and feels natural. So try to slow your heart rate down a little and go celebrate - buy some cute girl clothes!!! They are the best stress reliever. And I should know with my fashion princess Lexie!

Congratulations again!
Lou Ann & Kazakh Princess Lexie Lou

Mama Andrea said...

Mary!!!! It is happening! You have a daughter!!! I can't wait to hear more! I got goosebumps when I read this... I still have them. Wow wow wow! This is the best news I have heard in a long time. Let the fun begin! Yay magic diaper bag! Heehee!

Jennifer said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! So very happy for you. I can't wait to hear more about your darling little girl. Yay!!

Three Northern Stars said...

So happy for you. Congratulations!!!

Aaron and Julie said...

Mary, huge congratulations!! Wow!! I just saw your comment and had to check your blog right away. Wow!! And travel dates - you leave THIS month to meet your daughter. Wow. I have chills!! God is good!! I am so excited and happy that this time has come for you!!!

Harmondk2 said...

OMG OMG OMG.... This is incredible!!!!!!!!! My heart jumped a few beats when I read your posting. This is so wonderful. Thank you for keeping me with you!
Lots and lots of love-Harmons

Nicole Brueck said...

So glad for you!!!

lisa said...

Yes! Yes! Yes!!!!! I am so happy! It is really happening!!!!

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you!

Kimberly said...

Woo Hoo! This is such amazing news! I am so excited for you and praying that it will happen as quickly as possible!