Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Had my first shower!!

No-- I do not mean the cleansing kind of shower--I promise I do that daily.

I mean I had a "little girl" shower.
I have mentioned my wonderful adoption support group before--a great group of about 10 women. Well tonight at our monthly dinner they surprised me with a shower. It was so fun to open little girl presents. I got beautiful clothes, pajamas, games, a lovely doll, and when I announce her name, I will get a hand painted wall plaque from a really neat store that one of the other adoption Moms owns.
It was so fun. I am a lucky woman.

7 comments:

Three Northern Stars said...

That sounds so wonderful!

Kelly and Sne said...

How fun! You know, it's not really about the gifts, for me the best part of a shower was simply the recognition of the new baby! And she is VERY welcome, I'm sure.

Aaron and Julie said...

How fun!!! So happy for you to experience such a fun shower!!!

Kimberly said...

So glad you and your little one are being celebrated! Can't wait for the big reveal of name and pictures too!

Alysa said...

Sounds like a great group of women. It is all about celebrating your child and becoming a mama! And okay, it is FUN to get the clothes and the "stuff" that go along with it!

Kim said...

Awwww that is so great! I LOVE showers, makes it official in some way. :)

Misty Clark said...

That's so great! I bet you had a wonderful time!